Saturday, May 24, 2014

Just because I make fun doesn't mean I don't appreciate it.

Chris is a dear, sweet, man.

A long time ago, we came up with a clear division of labor for the laundry.  He would be responsible for keeping the laundry off the floor by throwing it down the laundry chute, and for carrying clean laundry upstairs, and I would do all the laundry, fold the laundry, and put the laundry away.

The plan fell apart because Chris has a genetic disorder that prevents him from seeing things that are lying around on the floor.

It's very sad.

But he's not just trying to get out of work, you know.  He does do a fair amount of the laundry.

In fact when I went down to the basement today, I saw that he had washed and folded a load of laundry.

Also, side note (foreshadowing!) we recently had plumbers come clean out the drain in the basement.  They wore some of those disposable shoe covers, and, when they were done, they took them off and left them there.

When we fold laundry 'round here, we separate it into piles by person (does everybody?  I'm always finding out that things that I thought were standard are, in fact, not.).

In my pile, I see this:


That, my friends, is one washed and dried disposable shoe cover.

What I enjoy most about this is imagining Chris fishing the shoe cover out of the dryer, holding it up, and, apparently, thinking, "well, whatever it is, it must be Beth's."

Also, this is a picture of where he put the spray bottle, and how close I come to reaching it.




Also, try taking a picture of your basement laundry area.  It's the only way you really SEE how very grungy your underground hovel really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment