Friday, December 3, 2010

Goldfish have no memories

At work, we collect data.

We must then enter the data into a database.

The process of accessing the database goes like this:

1) Go to website
2) Put in log-on information
3) Wait 2 seconds for phone to ring
4) Answer phone, type in password

You are now logged on.

I would say, that probably 95% of the time I forget what I'm doing during step three and am surprised when the phone rings.

It goes like this:

1) Put in log on information
2) Wait for phone to ring
3) Man, look at how hard it's raining!
4) Oooo! A phone call! I wonder who it is?!
5) Oh, right, it's the database.

or this:

1) Log on
2) Wait for phone
3) I need to text Jessica.
4) Oooo! A phone call! I wonder who it is?!
5) Oh, right, it's the database.

but probably mostly like this:

1) Log on
2) Wait for pho . . . Oooo! A shiny!

1 comment:

  1. I'd be worse...

    1) Log on
    2) Wait for phone
    3) I need to text Chris.
    4) Fokk! A phone call! I can't answer it, I'm working!
    ...15 minutes...
    5) Oh, right, guess I should have answered that.

    ReplyDelete