Sunday, October 5, 2014

Lilly and the Completely Reasonable Response

Lilly was getting dried off from her bath this afternoon.  She was in my room, and I went to her room to get some cozy warm clothes.  Because it is frickin' cold outside.

(pay attention to that, as it is central to this story)

She must have heard me banging around because she called out, "MOM?  I already made a selection and laid it out on the chair!  It is the red dress!"

So I look over and, yeah, there is a short sleeved dress on the bed.

"Lilly, you can't wear your summer dresses any more.  We packed those away.  You have to wear long sleeves."

So I pick up a long sleeved dress and bring it to her.

And she collapses to the ground.

"Moooooooom. That dress is sooo squirgily," she wails, and gesticulates in a squirgily fashion.

"Would you like a shirt and some pants?"

"NEVER!  I will NEVER wear a shirt and pants!"

"Lilly.  I don't want to fight about this any more.  It is COLD.  You cannot wear summer clothes anymore.  End of discussion."

Whine, whine, whine, whine.

"Lilly, I'm done talking about this.  Go to your room if you can't stop whining about wearing weather-appropriate clothing."

So she goes stomping off to her room, crying and slamming the door to her room.

Because, Evil Mom, obviously.

And then she opens her door, so I can hear her sobbing, "Nobody wants me!  They are breaking my heart! Nobody wants me!"

And they say girls are dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment