Friday, February 9, 2018

Effortless Sophistication

Fairfax Cabaret was tonight! 

The Cabaret is a talent show and is about as much fun as you can have at a school event that doesn't end until 10 o'clock at night like what are we a bunch of people without elementary-school-aged kids?

I was staffing the ticket table when an older woman walks up and even though she's clearly a grandma I can still tell she's less into baking cookies and more into being a real witch.

"This is a PTA event?" she asks suspiciously.

"Yes!  We have $6 tickets and $10 tickets, which would you like?"

SIGH.  "I've only got $18 so I guess we'll be getting $6 tickets." 

I felt bad for a minute, like I should give her the extra $2, but there were lots of people there who were sitting in the $6 seats and honestly this lady didn't even have a good sob story.  It's not like she was scrabbling for nickles in her threadbare change purse. 

"Really?  This is the Fairfax PTA?"

"Yes, yay for Fairfax!"

"This is the most sophisticated PTA even I've ever been to.  And I don't mean that as a compliment."

Hahaha, yes, we've worked hard and a lot of people have donated time and . . . wait. What?

Oh-kay lady. 

Number 1, you really need to work on your insults because that one is very confusing. I don't even know what you mean by that.  They only reason I know it's not a compliment is that you specifically said it wasn't. 

Number 2, don't be a jerk.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A) when I was a kid,pta events were just giving kids sticks to their at each other. That's when kids were tough.

    B) so wanting to know what Margaret deleted.:)

    ReplyDelete