Monday, August 11, 2014

True stories of the ER

I'm so stoic, you know?  It's my thing.  I suffer in silence.

Or at least not super loud?

Like, a medium level?

This could be a very long story where I tell you that my ear has been bothering me for a few weeks, and that I went swimming and then I couldn't hear and then I got dizzier, and more nauseous and in more pain and was convinced I had an ear infection, and then more dizzy, and then more nauseous, until Chris and I found ourselves in the ER at 3:00 in the morning.  

But the important part of the story is this:

"Oh.  Looks like your ear is completely impacted with wax."

"So, you're telling me that I am in the ER in the middle of the night for ear wax?"

"Pretty much."

"You're saying I woke my hard-working brother in law in the middle of the night to come be with my sleeping children . . . for ear wax."

"Yes."

"I sought emergency help from highly trained trauma doctors for ear wax."

"Yes, but that is okay, because I wasn't doing anything else."

"Good.  Neither was I."



No comments:

Post a Comment