Sunday, May 23, 2010

News flash: I love my kids

It's hard. I want to talk to regular people. I want to tell you what's going on in my life. But all I can come up with to say is how much I love Lilly, and how adorable Owen is, and how great Sam is. And you know who cares about that? Nobody. Except maybe Chris, Owen and Sam. Lilly doesn't care yet. So far she only cares about eating. Also seems to have a vendetta against clean sheets. Seems to be making it her personal mission to find clean things to pee and poop on. She's very successful. If that was a career, I'd be totally stoked about her future. She'd be, like, a guru that would hold training seminars. "People, if you only learn one thing today, it needs to be this: DO NOT be fooled by the towel placed between you and the clean sheet. Soiling this is just playing their game. Wait until the Big Lady of Milk forgets to put the towel down - and trust me, she will forget. Then you have a clear shot."

Sam and Owen are settling down after the mini-rebellion they threw when we came home from the hospital. Surprisingly, I think they were less upset about Lilly than they were that we had LEFT THEM for FOUR DAYS to go to the hospital. But I think they are getting better. Hard to tell sometimes with Sam, because he is, after all, four years old.

FYI, I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. I just like to blame their bad behavior on their age. Owen laid down on the ground and threw a fit? Well, that's a two-year-old for you! Lilly barfed on her fourth outfit of the day? Well, what do you expect from a four-week-old?! Ha!

This morning, Sam wanted something from me, I don't even remember what, but my "no" was greeted with one of his rants that go something like this:

"Okay, I want this, and so I want it, and you better give it to me because if you don't give it to me, I'll have to hate you, so I'm going to hate you so you better give it to me so I don't have have to hate you. You got it?"

Someone should tell this kid he shouldn't be so quick to pull out the big, "I hate you" guns. Save something for your teenage years, buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment