Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Dude, I don't know if you've heard, but Michael Jackson is dead

It's a slow day at work today. We don't have any appointments scheduled and I am largely caught up on all my urgent stuff so I've spent the first two hours here playing on the computer.

And god is it boring.

What is wrong with me? I have access to a wealth of news, entertainment, commentary, and shopping the likes of which has never been seen in the history of human-kind. And I'm all, "But I already checked all the blogs I follow and CNN is just blah blah Michael Jackson blah. What is left to DO?"

What did I used to do for fun?

I used to not work, that was what.

Okay, well, then, what did CAVE PEOPLE do for fun? My guess is that they ate. But times have changed and wherein a cave person's snacky-snack might have been a pine cone, the snacks I've got access to are, again, unrivaled in human history. So I've already done the snack thing to excess and, thusly, I'm on a diet.

Okay, so you're a cave person. Sitting around, munching on moss. You are relatively safe, the sun is shining. Whoops now the moss is all gone. What else do you do? Maybe cave people talked to each other. Could cave people talk? NO QUESTION IS RHETORICAL IN THIS ERA: I just googled it and it looks like the answer is probably, in a fashion.

Maybe the problem is we used to email, and now we facebook. Used to be, if you were bored, you could write long emails to all your friends or hope one of them wrote one to you. But nobody does that anymore. I can't remember the last time I got an email that was just chatty. I still check my email, but it's only advertisements and Netflix notices.

Maybe I should stop writing boring blog posts about being bored and go do some work.

No comments:

Post a Comment