Thursday, July 23, 2009

Isn't it ironic?

Ever since Alanis Morissette sang that stupid song about things being ironic, it seems that people have become way too interested in pointing out what isn't, actually, ironic. How late-nineties IS IT to hear that song on the radio and say, "you know, none of those things are actually ironic." I always felt bad for her. I thought that most of those things met the fairly loose common definition of irony at the time she wrote the song. Who knew she was going be all famous and under a magnifying glass and stuff? She probably would have used a thesaurus.

Anyway, I went to visit some old college friends this week. Becky drove to my house and we were going to fly out together. The night before we left I remembered that Melissa had dogs and we were going to be sleeping there and the dogs would probably also be sleeping there. I asked Becky, "Oh, hey, please help me remember to pack my allergy pills. Actually, also help me remember to take them." So we fly out and I DID remember to pack my pills and when we got to Melissa's house Becky reminded me right away to take one. So I took one and things were good. We hung out and the dogs hardly bothered my allergies at all. Then I walked into the bathroom and the dog had eaten all my allergy pills.

Is that ironic?

Also, when I say "the dog ate all my allergy pills" I mean, "the dog chewed up the allergy pill bottle and probably didn't eat any allergy pills." There were no dogs harmed in the making of this blog post.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe not, but the result was that you couldn't take the pills either, right? I'm going to go click links now. I can't wait to look at high quality pet supplies. :-)

    ReplyDelete