Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hey shorty, it's your birfday

So it's my birthday today.

AND NOT ONE FACEBOOK BIRTHDAY WISH.

That's okay, because I'm not getting any cake and presents, either.

And that's okay, because I'm thirty-two now. Or, as I like to say, Thirty-Boo.

Actually, I did get to sleep in an extra hour this morning (Thanks, Chris!).

Which still meant I was up at 7:30.

Chris took the boys to the beach this morning. As he was walking downstairs, I called out, "Don't forget to pick up cake and presents!" Knowing that he will laugh as if I am making a joke (am not), or, more likely, not even hear me (see previous posting about weird sound dynamics in our house).

What I didn't realize was that Sam was still in his room. He came bounding out, "Cake?! Presents?! MOM! I KNOW A GREAT PLACE TO GET A CAKE!"

"You do?"

"YES! COSTCO!"

"Super!" Have fun with that, Chris.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

That's the sound of Sam going downstairs. On a side note, Chris told me that if he really did walk down the stairs as loud as Sam, I had carte blanche to punch him in the face (or something like that). Which is funny because he walks down the stairs as loud as Sam. IF SAM WERE 200 POUNDS.

Anyway.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Pause.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

"MOM!"

"Yes?"

"DO YOU WANT CHOK-IT OR BA-NILLA?"

"Chocolate."

"OKAY! BYE!"

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment