Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Here we go . . .

Well.

August is over. We are almost at the end of September - the last month before it is officially The Holiday Season.

It got colder. Abruptly, if you ask me. I guess I'm always caught off guard by the down-shift from 85 to 65.

Where are all my pants?

Anyway, I bought ghost-shaped marshmallows last night, and we used them this morning for car snack.

What? You don't know about Car Snack?

We instituted Car Snack about a year ago when the children were resisting getting in the car to go to daycare in the morning. So we bribed them (duh) with some kind of treat they could only have in the car.

Now they don't care so much about going, but they sure aren't about to give up car snack.

So the boys are eating some ghost-shaped marshmallows and Sam announces, "Ghosts are mammals."

"I don't think they are, hon."

"Yeah, they are. Because they have fur and give birth to live young."




I don't really know where to start with that, but, dude, ghosts are dead.

2 comments:

  1. Personally, I'm impressed. He knows characteristics of mammals. Wouldn't be too hard for me to find a bunch of young folks who don't know that much. On the other hand, where did you find those furry marshmallows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Gail - How many GROWNUPS would describe mammals that way, much less ghost mammals? this definitely goes in the Pro-Sam column.

    ReplyDelete