Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Frontal lobes are important

You know what separates humans from apes?  Adults from children?  People who have damage to their frontal lobes from people who do not have damage to their frontal lobes?

That's right, frontal lobes.

Which is instrumental in predicting and anticipating the consequences of our actions.

And you know, I'm am human, and I am an adult, and, to my knowledge, my frontal lobe is largely intact.

But I still get sooo surprised when things don't turn out the way I expected.

I just dust-busted a bunch a flies.

I KNOW, great idea, right?

But now I'm horrified that there are all these flies crawling around the clear dust-reservoir of the dust-buster.

Did I think the wind tunnel was going to kill them?  

Whatever.  It's going to be like my own little Hunger Games for flies in there.  With a couple of ants thrown in for variety.  Also hopefully without the part where they revolt and reclaim their culture.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!
    Yeah, just to be safe I flush every fly that is executed on my watch. None of that crafty. 'Haha you may have killed me, but when you smeared my guts all over the place, I left hundreds of baby eggs, to hatch' shit.

    ReplyDelete