Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Paying dividends

Have you ever been in the middle of a conversation with somebody and they are droning on and on about something and you just realize, "Jesus, I really don't give a shit about this."?

Because that's what it's like to talk to my kids.

Today, Sam asked me what would happen if hospitals gave all the money they made to the city.

The fuck?

That question just makes me want to lie on the ground, guys.

It's like sense and nonsense and boring all rolled into one.

Like, I don't know?  The hospital would lose money?  Are we talking hospitals giving profit away?  Do I have to explain profit now?

I mean, seriously.  Local politics and finances?

And this was AFTER a loooooooooooooong conversation about what insurance is and what percentage it pays of the hospital bills and do different kinds of people get different rates and SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP.

I didn't actually say shut up because I love that kid to death and I want him to feel respected and appreciated and to learn things. (Seriously.  I'm not kidding about that.)

But it was like getting stuck with the worst dinner party guest ever.

Also, I would be a terrible teacher.  I think we should pay teachers a lot more money.  I'll even let you record these conversations and use them as Exhibit A for Why Teachers Should Get Paid A Lot: Questions about insurance.

Exhibit B: people that have no idea how to use colons in sentences.  


No comments:

Post a Comment