Monday, September 30, 2013

A shot in the dark

I got my flu shot today.

I think I tensed up or something because the nurse lady stabbed me and then pushed the plunger and sweet baby jesus on a bicycle it burned.

And then she said, "Oh, look at your muscle twitching!"

And I was all, 1) That's gross, 2) I didn't even know I HAD a muscle, 3) Never say that again.

It hurt in an aching, tender to the touch kind of way for the rest of the day.

That night, Chris and I were lounging around and I was whining about how much my arm hurt.  Lilly wanders up and points to my band-aid.

"What's that?"

"It's where I got my flu shot today."

"Does it hurt?"

Still deep in my whining to Chris, the word, "Yes!" accidentally fell out of my mouth.  As it was falling I was realizing what I had done.

"Yes I DO love you very much!  Oh, the flu shot?  No, it doesn't hurt."

And then she hauled off and punched me in the arm.  




No comments:

Post a Comment