Thursday, May 22, 2014

I noticed that you try to be Funny

"Oh my god!  I never realized how funny you were until just now!"

This is, actually, at least the third time this particular colleague has said this to me.  Notably, it is the second time this week.  Within 48 hours, actually.

Which makes me feel a little weird about the whole thing.

I don't really know what exactly is happening.

Is she a hamster?  Are we having 50 First Dates?

If we assume she is a real person - with a regular, non-amnesic, brain - what is the message she's trying to send with this?

And, I do kind of believe she is backhanding me with something.  She has said more than one cruel, flippantly mean-spirited things to me and then added, "Just kidding!"

So I'm a little scared of her.

Also, we've been colleagues for close to a year at this point.  You know, interacting and such.  So why does she keep saying that it is only NOW that she thinks (allegedly) I'm funny?

I guess I want to know: Is she saying I seem like I'm trying to HARD to be funny?  Because, I assure you, it's totally natural.

In fact, now that we are talking about it, I have this horrible habit of joking while talking to people who have no sense of humor (i.e., every manager ever) and I CAN'T STOP.

Co-workers are weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment