Saturday, August 10, 2013

A dream is a wish your heart makes

The kids were playing out back today.

Allegedly.

I was doing dishes in the kitchen and realized that Lilly's voice seemed to be coming from the front yard, not the back.

Trick of sound waves, I though.  Lilly knows better than to go in the front yard alone.

Except, her voice REALLY seems to be coming from a different direction from the boys.

So I look out the front window and there she is, sitting at the end of the driveway, singing herself a little song.
"LILLY! What are you doing?"

"I'm waiting for my dream to come true."

"Well go wait in the back yard."

"I can't, mom, I have to wait here or my dream won't come true."

"Just out of curiosity, what is your dream, Lilly?"

"For someone to come over to my house."

Waiting at the end of the driveway is a pretty effective way to have her dream of someone coming to the house come true.  Someone like the police.

No comments:

Post a Comment