Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Do Not Call list

In my office, I have developed an actual reputation for deciding to answer the phone when the crazy people call.

Today, a man was complaining because we dry-tazed his child in the forehead after diagnosing him with Bipolar disorder, non-smoking type.

Is there even such a thing as wet vs. dry tazing?  Do kind and gentle police officers tell you to apply a wet-nap before the tazing so that it . . . well . . . doesn't hurt as much?

I guess I'm not sure why dry-tazing is worse. Honestly, I kind of thought if you got tazed, you just got tazed.  And that't the end of the story, unless somebody videotaped it and put it on YouTube.

Really, I don't mean to make fun of this man.  He was truely upset, and crying, and was clearly distressed, and I really did want to help him.

But the thing is, again, I work in research administration.

So I listened, and empathized, but then I had to transfer him to the CEO.

No comments:

Post a Comment