Friday, February 7, 2014

Do-overs

Sometimes, when I'm working on the computer, and then something goes wrong with the computer, and every thing I was working on so hard just gets lost, I want to punch the computer in the face.

It occurred to me that life was easier, in that respect, before computers.  But then I remembered this story I heard on NPR about monks writing out the bible by hand, and how each page would take months, and this one time they realized after they finished the page that they had forgotten a line.  They solved the problem but adding the text with, like, a medieval asterisk.

So, I guess that would be worse.  But I still worked for a goddamned long time compiling that list of addresses that the computer just ate.  Bastard.


Also, Lilly is well on her way to being able to put my hair in a pony-tail.

Which puts her well ahead of Chris.

We've been doing Lilly's hair more recently.  And by "we" I mean "me" and also, "never Chris in a million years."

The man has the fine motor skills of a hippopotamus.

2 comments:

  1. Hagesfeld men have many fine traits...chief NOT amongst these? Physical grace, in any manifestation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cold to hippopotamuses

    ReplyDelete