Friday, February 14, 2014

However you would spell the sounds the Peanuts teacher makes.

I was driving the boys to school one day.

They were in the back seat chattering about snow days, and how many they had had, and how many more they were likely to have this year.

"Guys?  I just want to say that the number of snow days you have had this year is really unusual.  Lots of years, you don't get any snow days.  I don't want you to be thinking that you will always get this many snow days."

Blink.

Blink.

"Hey Mom?  What if they are deciding RIGHT NOW to cancel school?  How would you find out and what would we do?"

"Owen.  They are not GOING to cancel school right now.  That's kind of what I'm talking about.  Snow days are unusual.  They don't happen very often.  Just because you've had a lot doesn't mean you will have a lot more or that you will always have a lot."

Blink.

They turn to each other.

"Maybe we'll have a snow day tomorrow!!"



I am the cause of global warming.  I waste all kinds of hot air with my useless, useless words.

And wouldn't you know it?  They had a goddamned snow day the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment