Friday, August 28, 2009

SHUT UP!

I'm going to tell you guys this little story about what just happened to me and you are just not going to understand how weird it is.

It's like that one time that Amanda D. friended me on facebook, but the Amanda D. I know is now Amanda S. and I'm already facebook friends with her. How many Amanda D.'s are there in the world, and why would a random one of them try to friend me?? I think that is so crazy but nobody else seems to get that that is a really strange coincidence.

So, anyway, today's story is going to be kind of like that.

When I was on jury duty I exchanged contact information with one of my fellow jurors. We've emailed back and forth a little bit, and arranged to have lunch today. It's been, by the way, exactly four weeks since we convicted that guy. This is the first time I've been out to lunch in about two months (spending freeze you know . . . and my plan to control costs were completely thwarted by this lunch partner which is why you have to tell everyone when you are a spending freeze, because otherwise they will thwart it), and the first time I've seen my juror friend since, well, we were on the jury. While at lunch we start talking about the other jurors and how it's a little weird that there are these people that we will remember for the rest of our lives and not ever know what happened to them.

And then . . .

SHUT UP!

ANOTHER JUROR (the one who made me cupcakes for my birthday) WALKS BY.

Seriously, the chances of that have to be like one in a billion.

But you don't think it's that weird, do you?

Maybe it's because when you are listening to a story there is always something happening. I'm not, for example, talking about all the people who didn't walk by during lunch. BUT COME ON! I wasn't having lunch with a colleague!! I was having lunch with another JUROR!

Trust me, it was pretty unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment