Monday, August 16, 2010

Pros and cons

Breastfeeding is very controversial.

People get mad at "breastfeeding Nazi's." Other people are vocally outraged about nursing in public. Some people won't even TRY breastfeeding because it grosses them out.

I think breastfeeding has pros and cons.

Pro: I'm at a party that sucks and I have to leave to feed the baby.
Con: I'm at a party that rocks and I have to leave to feed the baby.

Pro: I can forget to pack diapers on a trip, but I can't forget to pack Lilly's food.
Con: If I leave on a trip I've packed Lilly's food with me.

Pro: If Lilly wakes up a lot during the night, I don't have to keep going downstairs to make bottles.
Con: If Lilly doesn't wake up a lot during the night, I get woken up anyway.

Breast: "I haz problem."
Me: "Baby is still asleep."
Breast: "Hokay."
Me: (Squeezing eyes shut trying to sleep)
Breast: "But I still haz problem."
Me: "Be quiet. I'm trying to sleep."
Breast: "NO. I said I HAZ PROBLEM. Oh, now I iz so sad I iz weeping on U."

No comments:

Post a Comment