Thursday, October 28, 2010

Addiction

I have many good qualities.

As I've gotten older (and met Chris) one thing that I feel grateful for is NOT having a particularly addictive personality.

That seems like super hard work.

Sure, I love food, and reading, and going without both for months when I was pregnant was muy depressing. But there were extenuating circumstances.

I think that, in general, a lot of my lying around would be interrupted if I was all, "Oh, I need, I need, I need."

Chris has addictions without number. I'm not kidding when I say that I am consciously thankful that he doesn't know a crack dealer. Chris has never MET the substance that he wouldn't like to welcome in to his life permanently.

Diet Coke? I've made up a fresh bed for you!

Gum? So nice to meet you! Why don't you set your things in the closet!

Hola Fruita? Let me clear a drawer for you!



And still.

A little over a month ago, Target was having a special on Diet Dr. Pepper. So I bought two 12 packs, took them to work, and drank them at the approximate pace of one per work day. I ran out two days ago.

And I have a raging headache.

The brain gremlin is crying, "Why no caffeine in the mouth hooooooole? I gonna eat a frontal lobe."

No comments:

Post a Comment