Friday, October 1, 2010

Fall wardrobe

The changing over of seasonal wardrobes is a little bit different with kids than it is for adults. With adults, you take the short-sleeved things and put them in the back of your closet and bring the long-sleeved things to the front.

But with kids, every time the season changes you have to be prepared for the possibility that the clothes you are bringing out will no longer fit, and decide whether the clothes you are putting away are likely to be wearable next time warm weather rolls around.

Warm weather clothes are actually more forgiving. Because your shorts have to be, like, SUPER short before anyone notices.

Hi, Chris!

Knowing that he'll need more fall clothes, I've purchased a few new items for Sam.

For the past year he's been boycotting pants with buttons. When I bring him button pants he'll look at me and ask, "why can't I have cozy pants?" in a tone that says, "And let's not pretend that we don't both know the answer is because you don't love me."

I've bought him a couple new pairs of jeans, because I think it's time to push the button pants. I can't really raise my kid in a cozy cocoon of elastic-waist pants. But I did find a some sweatpants on sale at Gymboree, so I picked up a pair in brown and a pair in green.

I think he can pull off green sweatpants in a way that I can't.

I found the sweatpants at the store. I decided to buy them. I purchased the sweatpants, brought them home, ripped off the tag, and tossed them in the washer. I then moved them from the washer to the dryer.

It was not until I was folding them out of the dryer that I noticed the brown sweatpants had WRITING ACROSS THE ASS.

The pants say, "Buckaroo" right across the butt.

I'm oddly and profoundly disturbed by this.



I'm probably still going to make him wear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment