Thursday, June 4, 2009

I can’t tell whether I’m getting old or if I’m just naturally curmudgeonly

My back hurts. I squint all the time. Today I somehow “upgraded” to Internet Explorer 8 and I don’t like it because it is different. I’m confused about how it happened and I’m upset about dealing with change. Also, at work I’ve recently found myself thinking things like, “Sure we could hire a recent college graduate, but experience and maturity really do make a difference.”

I’m pretty sure I didn’t used to think things like that.

1 comment:

  1. I read through your blog and laughed until tears ran down my cheeks. Quite messy, if you didn't know, and no tissues nearby. Very funny my dear.
    Yes, experience and maturity do make a difference, but I am comforted by Anna Quindlen's last (sadly, really last) column for Newsweek. www.newsweek.com/id/195657
    I'm quite sad that she's leaving. For years I've always turned to the last page to read what she or George Will had to say. (George is frightfully conservative but such an exquisite writer I read him anyway except when he writes about baseball.) Anna Quindlen is (ok was) my favorite, sigh.

    ReplyDelete