Thursday, June 18, 2009

I didn't even know we had a rule handbook

Today I had my purchasing card audit at work. I was a little nervous all morning, though I don’t really know why. I mean, I’m pretty sure I never used it to buy my stash of office booze, because I pay for that with cash.

The woman auditing me arrives at my office right on time. The first thing she does is comment on my pictures of Sam and Owen. Am I paranoid or is that straight out of a manual? “Engage your target – try complimenting pictures of children or commenting on wall art!”

She asked for my paperwork and receipts and then told me I could go ahead and continue with my work as usual. Except, “as usual” means checking facebook and playing solitaire, so I didn’t think that was a good idea. Instead, I start working like crazy lady, slashing through items that have been on my to-do list for weeks. So I’m trying to sit there and work, in a competent and professional manner, as if I do this all the time, especially with someone in the corner JUDGING me, but every time she inadvertently snaps a binder clip, I jump a little and let out a slight scream.

It turned out okay in the end. I was found to be 100% in compliance, and man am I glad THAT’S over.

No comments:

Post a Comment